23 December, 2010

made from love

I rocked my sweet little nephew to sleep tonight.
It was one of those moments I wanted to last forever.
The way he snuggled his face on my chest,
He held his bottle tight like a big boy.
His tiny little hands crossed over his 'lovey', rubbing it softly
Once he was finally asleep, he was lost in my arms, completely trusting.

As I watched each expression on his face tonight
as he laughed, played, smiled stared into space
I saw him flash back and forth from mirroring his mom to his dad.
I was reminded again of where we all begin.
Two become one, we are all made from love.
And I love seeing Jackson, growing always
more in more into
a reflection of his mommy and daddy's love.

So now we all sit by the fire...and the christmas tree...
listening to christmas music...
And I sit beside, this love I'm made from.
I'm reminded how much this great love, I myself don't deserve.






No comments: